Monday, January 7, 2013

Jacks, Owls and Stars

The small people have gone back to nursery this morning and boy is it quiet! I miss them. However, the bonus is that I have had some sewing time (and a cup of coffee and chocolate biscuit) without interruption. I got these 4 wonky star blocks finished. They are for a baby quilt for one of my friends. 


I thought stars would be pretty but not too girly. I need to get this finished pretty quickly as the baby is due any day, so am on a bit of a mission.

I thought you might also like to see a couple of bee blocks I managed to finish over Christmas. The first is for Colby in We Bee Modern Too. I just love the blue fabric!


The next one really pushed me out of my comfort zone. Debbie in Stash Bee wanted an applique owl. Well  I have never really done machine appliqué and my owl drawing abilities are not great but this is what I came up with.


It is now winging its way to the US. It was good to try but not sure I will be doing it again in a hurry!

Carolinex


6 comments:

  1. Love the wonky stars, they will make a super cute baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks and think you did really well on the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose for the baby quilt. It will be fantastic, and not gender specific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your stars too!

    Your owl is very recognisably an owl, so your drawing abilities can't be that bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes mine is back at nursery too (well not today as it's a holiday) and your blocks are gorgeous. I must do Colby's - I'm late!

    ReplyDelete