Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday



It's DONE,  the Chevrons quilt top is done.  This one has been a challenge but I have learnt so much from it. My points are getting better, so are my seams, pressing, all the little bits that are so important in making a quilt. I may not love it but it feels like I have made so much progress in making it.

If I ever say I am making anything from loads of HSTs again just remind me how much I struggle with them!

http://freshlypieced.blogspot.com/2012/03/wip-wednesday-short-list.html

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it's really lovely. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are great, it's a really fresh quilt. Maybe with a bright pink border the overall look will change. I had an issue with a quilt I made and didn't love but adding a border changed the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I agree that when I started quilting, all of the pinning, ironing, basting, and extra stuff that came along with quilting seemed burdensome and sucked the fun right out of it. But now, some of those steps are my favorite part of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love HSTs but yes, they can be hard work - worth it when you make a quilt top like this. It`s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chevron quilt. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these bright colors! Be encouraged, you are making progress and learning a lot as you go along.

    ReplyDelete