Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bags

I have been making bags this weekend. I am lucky enough to be in the Mouthy Stitches 2 swap and I wanted to do a couple of practice runs before I make my secret partner's tote. I needed to make sure I could make the bag! So here is my first attempt. I made it using one of my ribbon star blocks which have been sitting around waiting for me to do something with them.



Biggest daughter was very pleased to pose with it.
and this is what you get if you ask the 3 year old to pose.
 

It was a super pattern to put together. I now need to decide exactly what piecing pattern to use for my partner!

Happy sewing

Carolinex





9 comments:

  1. Whoop. Totes are totes fun. (Sorry.) And how cool you could use something that was lying around and waiting to be made into something? Wishing you lots of fun with the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! Your tote is just beautiful. The block is perfect for this bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bags are great... so too are your models xx lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous. You could just use this one for the swap, if the three year old didn't then drag it through the mud or anything else dire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous bag and I love the block you have used - I may just do the same thing with some of my orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely bag! That block is great. I love your pics too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blocks that you have used: the bag looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bag looks great, the star block really suits the bag. Your partner will be really happy to get something like that I am sure! How handy too, to have such willing models :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the real one, if thats your practice version!!

    ReplyDelete