Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sanity



This project started out about two years ago as something to keep me sane and calm whilst trying to get my two little girls to sleep. I spent hours and hours sitting and stitching as they battled and raged against sleep. Thankfully we have now passed this phase and I have been slowly but surely adding these little hexies together whenever I have a few minutes. I am aiming for a lap size quilt and I am not too far off. My husband says I am mad but hey I still think it is keeping me sane!

Caroline x




15 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely when you can count on a good night:-) This is fantastic - it's going to look so cheery and snuggly when its done. Therapeutic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to agree with him but totally understand your motivation. I on the other hand would never attempt that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been working on one for years now, a scrappy one like yours. It's the only UFO I have in my closet...Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this - there is something about a quilt that has taken lots and lots of hours to make - it comes with lots of memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, it will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!i. Love a hexie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing more relaxing than stitching a few hexies, this is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've come a long way with these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and get $$$$$$ from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete