Monday, August 19, 2013

Made it!

So we made it to the Netherlands. We are settling in ok, it doesn't quite feel like home yet but it will do. It is so lovely all four of us being back together again as a family. The girls and I are mastering the buses and there is a fab ice cream parlour opposite the house. Just need to learn some Dutch now!

Way back in January I joined the Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin that Michele from Quilts from my Crayon Box was hosting. In a group of 5 other fabulous ladies, I sent off my centre block and duly received their blocks to add to. Everything was kept secret and none of us knew what was being added to our quilts. This is what I sent off.


Just before we left Finland my mini quilt came back to me. I was gobsmacked when I saw it.  I love it.



As soon as my sewing machine arrived I quilted it with random straight(ish) lines.



It now has pride of place in our living room. I feel really privileged to have been part of this round robin. I want to thank every one of the ladies that have worked on this quilt and made me something so beautiful. Thank you.

Cx







10 comments:

  1. OH WOW! It looks just amazing. What a great round robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the way it turned out. It was a fun one to work on. Congrats on getting settled and enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your move. Love the quilt. What a fabulous bunch of creative ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a stoater of a quilt!!! I'd be thrilled, too. Good luck with the Dutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Netherlands. My whole family is from there, so I have lots of people to see when I come and visit. They do make fabulous ice cream! One of my favourite things is biking everywhere.

    Your mini is fabulous! The random lines are a lovely touch.

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt top to get back, they have certainly done you proud!

    Look forward to hearing lots more about your new life in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Netherlands!
    Yes, the icecream is fab, but try the "stroopwafel" cookies! If possible go for those made with butter... Wish I could eat those again, but anyway, we are great with cookies too! LOL!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mini quilt to grace your new home! Such a great result from a mystery round robin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are gorgeous. What a great result from a round robin. I think the whole family being together makes anywhere feel like home :-)

    ReplyDelete