Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cream Crackered

What a week. The small people have been particularly tricksy and there has been a distinct lack of sleep for all the female members of the family (husband was away so I suspect he had beautiful sleeps all week - not that I am bitter or anything). It has felt a bit like having 2 newborns in the house. There have been tantrums, bed wetting, shouting, grumping and general poor behaviour all round. My brain is well and truly squashed and I have had no inclination whatsoever to use the sewing machine. I have instead made a load of paper pieced hexagons. They have been very therapeutic to sew and have not needed me to think very much. I have a grand plan for them although whether I will ever sew enough of them to finish is another matter. Here are some of them in their multicoloured glory.



The rest are in a very unglamorous plastic jiffy bag.

I am hoping to make more progress next week. Fingers crossed the blighters sleep and if not, for tonight at least, their father can deal with them!


8 comments:

  1. Definitely coffee and cake next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexies! They are rather relaxing to sew. Children are sooo unpredictable! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I have enjoyed following your blog since finding you through the Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts. So I am pleased to present you with the Liebster Blog Award! I was awarded it yesterday, you can see the details on my blog post: http://chezroo.blogspot.ca/2012/04/i-read-my-emails-this-morning-to.html. I love the hexies, and am looking forward to seeing what they evolve into! Keep up the good work! Yzo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little hexies, they look like tiny jewels x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you the Liebster Blog award. I see, I'm not the only one who did so recently! Looking forward to new posts by you. :)

    http://aquamareencrafting.blogspot.de/2012/04/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I feel your pain on the lack of sleep. Thank goodness for sewing therapy hey! Your hexies are looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just browsing your blog after entering the giveaway. And oh, I can related to small people being tricksy. Mine can get up to no end of mischief, almost always when I'm trying to get on with something myself. Or weeks like this one, where my husband is away and sleeping in a nice hotel. At least, I tell myself, it's cool and springlike (if rainy) here, while it's 45° C where he is. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete